What's going down
Archive Team recruiting
- Bintray: JFrog is dismantling the software distribution platform used by numerous projects in May. IRC Channel #binnedtray (on hackint).
- LiveLeak: Suddenly disappearing as of 2021-05-05. IRC Channel #deadleak (on hackint).
- Webs: Vistaprint is killing off the Freewebs you knew from the 2000s on
March 31 June 30, 2021, unless you pay up. IRC Channel #webbed (on hackint).
- Periscope: Another Twitter acquisition, another shutdown. This time, its live-streamer gets to join Vine in the bin at the end of March. IRC Channel #microscope (on hackint).
- URLTeam: URL shorteners were a fucking awful idea. IRC Channel #urlteam (on hackint).
An updated Warrior virtual appliance (v3.2) is now available with better support for newer projects that utilize wget-at. Please download it using the link above.
- 2019-2020 coronavirus outbreak: Documenting and preserving data, events, and impacts of the virus on society. IRC Channel #coronarchive (on hackint)
- ArchiveBot: For those with lots of disk space, bandwidth and long-term commitment. IRC Channel #archivebot (on hackint).
- WikiTeam: Saving wikis dumps (XML). And their external links for the Wayback Machine (WARC) as well as exporting MediaWiki databases. Permanent effort, everyone can help (you choose the size of your downloads). IRC Channel #wikiteam (on hackint).
Upcoming & proposed projects
Recently finished projects
- Super Mario Maker Bookmark: Nintendo making discovery of courses far more difficult. Now focused on manually archiving course data. IRC Channel #nintendone (on hackint).
- Yahoo! Answers: This website, bought by Verizon, is the largest Q&A repository on the internet, but its answers to users' questions will be discarded on May 4, 2021. "What is Yahoo! Answers?" IRC Channel #noanswers (on hackint).
Hiatus / Missed the Mark
ArchiveTeam primarily uses the hackint IRC network – ircs://irc.hackint.org:6697 (TLS required) – webchat: https://webirc.hackint.org/ – More info
ArchiveTeam also has some channels left on the EFnet IRC network – irc://irc.efnet.org – webchat: http://chat.efnet.org:9090 – More info
About Archive Team
The Archive Team saves shit that companies abandon.
Feel free to join us on the IRC channel! We're on the EFnet network in a channel called #archiveteam, where we say truly awful things.
- Projects is a list of Archive Team projects.
DIY Data Rescue
- The FAQ is where we answer common questions
- Software is all about the tools you need to save your stuff.
- Formats concerns formats, and how they die.