Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jason Scott is the official mascot of Archive Team, resident loudmouth, and probably the one who goes to Archive Jail when the inevitable crackdown happens. Until that sad day when he's frogwalked into a waiting van for his one-way trip to Gitmo, he works on various Archive Team projects, occasionally coordinating and often cheerleading. He has been voted Most Likely To Be On a Show About Archiving Screaming About Something for several years running.
RECORDINGS, AUDIO AND VIDEO
- The Splendiferous Story of Archive Team (Audio and Transcription, PDA 11, Internet Archive, SF, CA, US)
- Where do Old Websites go to Die? (Recordkeeping Roundtable, Sydney, AU)
- Archiving Geocities: Full Interview with Jason Scott (CBC Radio)
- Archiving Geocities (Public Knowledge Podcast)
WRITING, ESSAYS AND EVOCATIONS
I've written quite a bit about various archiving, preservation and histrionic rants going in no direction whatsoever.
- The Disks of Mister Keegan about saving Apple II disks.
- Love in the Time of Two Terabytes announces some disks I bought.
- Nice Try, Archiver Hater got me a new special friend.
- Scanning Infocom is about saving your old work stuff.
- How It Goes which has some ideas on sorting.
- Escaping the Escapist where a site ruined itself and I grabbed it.
- Pretty and Pathetic or why massive clumping beats pretty.
- The Wall or how I sort my office for projects.
- RADIOSHACKCATALOGS or If You're Going to Save, Do it Right.
- Eviction, or the Coming Datapocalypse got some attention.
- Datapocalypso! in which I deal with some flak.
- Team Archive is Go announcing this Wiki.
CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND DOCUMENTS
- Possessed is a short documentary on hoarding worth checking out.
- After a short time with Jason, people are never the same.
- I'm sorry to report this logo has been rejected for Archive Team: