Who We Are
This project is composed of volunteers, currently coordinated by Jason Scott.
If you're wondering where to stick your nose in, we could use:
- Warriors, You will run the ArchiveTeam Warrior on any PC's you have with spare bandwidth. Hopefully you'd leave it running 24/7 and it'll randomly pick up new jobs from the ArchiveTeam trackers.
- Writers, who can create clear essays and instructions for archivists and concerned parties.
- People with Lots of Hosted Disk Space who have a proper hosted webserver and fat pipe, who are willing (when asked) to consider hosting mirrored dead sites or archives.
- People who love setting up torrents who can do the same as the mirror folks, but do so hosting torrents.
- OCD-rich individuals who want to download things who will respond to our alerts and call outs and download entire sites or diagnose ways to get at obfuscated data.
Mirror and torrent people should write to Jason at email@example.com. Other volunteers with Linux boxes should check out our IRC. Press people looking for an easy, quote-filled interview about this important subject can contact Jason as well.
- In The Media: tracks major press mentions of Archive Team
- Talks: presentations and talks about Archive Team