Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Revision as of 17:43, 30 April 2009
HISTORY IS OUR FUTURE
And we've been trashing our history
This website is intended to be an offloading point and information depot for a number of archiving projects, all related to saving websites or data that is in danger of being lost. Besides serving as a hub for team-based pulling down and mirroring of data, this site will provide advice on managing your own data and rescuing it from the brink of destruction.
Feel free to join us on the IRC channel! We're on the EFnet network in a channel called #archiveteam, where we say truly awful things.
- Who We Are and how you can join our cause!
- Deathwatch is where we keep track of sites that are sickly, dying or dead.
- Fire Drill is where we keep track of sites that seem fine but a lot depends on them.
- Projects is to keep track of AT endeavors.
- Philosophy describes the ideas underpinning our work.
DIY Data Rescue
- The Introduction is an overview of basic archiving methods.
- Why Back Up? Because they don't care about you.
- Software will assist you in regaining control of your data by providing tools for information backup, archiving and distribution.
- Formats will familiarise you with the various data formats, and how to ensure your files will be readable in the future.
- Storage Media is about where to get it, what to get, and how to use it.
- Recommended Reading links to others sites for further information.
- Frequently Asked Questions is where we answer common questions
The site is still very new. Please be patient with the missing bits or help us fill them in.