Panoramio mainpage in 2011-01-12
|Archiving status||Not saved yet|
|IRC channel||(on EFnet)|
Panoramio is an image hosting service provided by Google. The service allows people to post pictures based on the location in the world taken. Photos can be searched by location.
- 61M of photos? http://www.panoramio.com/photo/61000000 (it works)
- http://www.panoramio.com/photo/62000000 (doesn't work as of October 5 2014)
- There are gaps, there are much more than 61M (that was 2011...). Eg http://www.panoramio.com/photo/110000000
On September 16, 2014, Google announced they would be "migrating" Panoramio over to Google Maps. During the migration, site features such as comments, favorite photographers, and groups would be deleted. On September 23, the founders of Panoramio launched a petition asking Google not to shut the website down.
- Photo IDs seem to be incremental. The smallest ID is http://www.panoramio.com/photo/15
- Photos are hosted on http://static.panoramio.com
- The original sized photo can be retrieved at http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/ID.jpg
- The license of the photo can be retrieved at http://www.panoramio.com/photo/ID in <li class="license LICENSEABBR">HUMAN READABLE VERSION</li>
- The coordinates can be retrieved at http://www.panoramio.com/photo/ID <abbr class="latitutde or longitude" title="decimal of coordinates">DMS coordinates</abbr> and <p id="place">Human readable place name</p>
- Comments are paginated on each image (20 comments per page.) For example: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/14748463?comment_page=20
- User profile pages are somewhat incremental. For example, http://www.panoramio.com/user/1 (a co-founder of Panoramio) but http://www.panoramio.com/user/2 doesn't exist
- Similarly, groups are somewhat incremental. For example http://www.panoramio.com/group/402000
- A directory of group pages is available at http://www.panoramio.com/groups/directory, but it doesn't seem to include all the groups.
- The URL for each page is http://www.panoramio.com/user/USER_ID/get_favorite_users?size=16&page=PAGENUMBER&type=user
- Each page has a next button. The very last page also has a next button, but it's disabled with the "ajax_next_link disabled" class.
- API page