HISTORY IS OUR FUTURE
And we've been trashing our history
- The Introduction is an overview of basic archiving methods.
- Software will assist you in regaining control of your data by providing tools for information backup, archiving and distribution.
- Deathwatch is where we keep track of sites that are sickly, dying or dead.
- Philosophy describes the ideas underpinning our work.
Feel free to join us on IRC! We're on the EFnet network in a channel called #archiveteam, where we say truly awful things.
Who We Are
This project is composed of volunteers, currently coordinated by Jason Scott.
If you're wondering where to stick your nose in, we could use:
- Writers, who can create clear essays and instructions for archivers and concerned parties.
- People with Lots of Hosted Disk Space who have a proper hosted webserver and fat pipe, who are willing (when asked) to consider hosting mirrored dead sites or archives.
- People who love setting up torrents who can do the same as the mirror folks, but do so hosting torrents.
- OCD-rich individuals who want to download things who will respond to our alerts and call outs and download entire sites or diagnose ways to get at obfuscated data.
Mirror and torrent people should write Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The site is still very new. Please be patient with the missing bits or help us fill them in.