The home page of Last.fm, as seen on May 4, 2013.
|Status||Special case (switching codebases, some user data might die)|
|Archiving status||In progress...|
|Project source||lastfm-grab, lastfm-items|
|IRC channel||(on hackint)|
- Your "scrobbled" listening history of songs you've listened to sent by supported software, including "Loved tracks"
- Your playlists generated on the website
- Artist Wiki biographies (licensed Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike, and GNU Free Documentation), album wikis, track wikis, and label wikis
- A page for each artist, album, track, label, and user
- Artist and label images
- Album artwork (can be multiple images for an album)
- Like/dislike votes on images (including album artwork)
- Event Calendars
- Your user submitted profile image
- Your user journal entries
- Your friends list
- Events user went to
- Some artists have uploaded tracks, which are free to download
- per user "badges" showing top tracks, # tracks listened to, popular this week tracks etc.
- users' About Me profiles, and where they're from
- Groups, and group forums
- Shoutboxes (comment areas) on users, groups, musicians, albums, tracks, labels, and pictures (including album artwork)
Getting it Out
- LastScrape GUI http://encukou.github.com/lastscrape-gui/
- LastToLibre https://gitorious.org/fmthings/lasttolibre
- Playlistify (Limited Export) http://playlistify.org/
- Official exporter http://www.last.fm/settings/dataexporter
There's some tools available via http://build.last.fm/ as well.
User Profile Image
Access your profile, right click image, Save Image
Can get it bigger by changing the image size parameter (default 126) to 500 (or maybe more?)
How can I help?
Running a Warrior
You can start up a Warrior and there select Last.fm. (If you don't really care what you are archiving, select ArchiveTeam's Choice instead, as at some points ArchiveTeam may priorize another project.)
Running the script manually
If you use Linux and you're a bit familiar with it, you can try running the script directly.
The instructions can be found at github.com/ArchiveTeam/lastfm-grab.
|Some additional information|
|Don't forget to replace YOURNICKHERE with your nickname.
The number after
If you want to stop the script, please do it gracefully if possible. To do so, create an empty file named STOP in the folder of the script (terminal command:
If you see "Project code is out of date", kill the script, go to its folder (
Donating to the Internet Archive
Content downloaded by the ArchiveTeam will be uploaded to the Internet Archive, where it will be stored and be available – hopefully – forever. However, storing it costs thousands of dollars in the long run. So, if you can afford, please consider donating to the Internet Archive, so that this piece of history can be kept for us all. http://archive.org/donate
Do you like our cause?
If you want to help in other projects, want to learn more about ArchiveTeam, or even help in development in general, navigate to the Main Page of this wiki, from there you can reach a lot of information. The Team consists of volunteers working on the projects in their free time, so helping hands (and resources) are always welcome.
- Libre.fm - Open source clone, no apparent user costs