The home page of Last.fm, as seen on May 4, 2013.
|Status||Special case (switching codebases, some user data might die)|
|Archiving status||Partially saved (forum in all languages, part of users)|
|Project source||lastfm-discovery, lastfm-grab, lastfm-items|
|Project tracker||lastfmdisco, lastfm|
|IRC channel|| (on hackint)|
(formerly #lastchance.fm (on EFnet))
- Your "scrobbled" listening history of songs you've listened to sent by supported software, including "Loved tracks"
- Your playlists generated on the website
- Artist Wiki biographies (licensed Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike, and GNU Free Documentation), album wikis, track wikis, label wikis, and tag wikis
- A page for each artist, album, track, label, user, tag, and group
- Artist and label images
- Album artwork (can be multiple images for an album)
- Like/dislike votes on images (including album artwork)
- Event Calendars
- Your user submitted profile image
- Your user journal entries
- Your friends list
- Events user went to
- Some artists have uploaded tracks, which are free to download
- per user "badges" showing top tracks, # tracks listened to, popular this week tracks etc.
- users' About Me profiles, and where they're from
- Groups, group forums, group connections, and group articles (group journals)
- Shoutboxes (comment areas) on users, groups, musicians, albums, tracks, labels, tags, and pictures (including album artwork)
- Help pages http://www.last.fm/help
- Last.fm Originals http://originals.last.fm/
- "Tools, Plugins & more" http://build.last.fm/
Getting it Out
Tools to export scrobbles
The useful script here is lastexport.py. The user's history must be public, though.
There were some tools available via http://build.last.fm as well.
User Profile Image
Access your profile, right click image, Save Image
Can get it bigger by changing the image size parameter (default 126) to 500 (or maybe more?)
Forum in all languages: https://archive.org/details/archiveteam_lastfm
- Libre.fm - Open source clone, no apparent user costs