Jump to navigation Jump to search
The home page of Last.fm, as seen on May 4, 2013.
|Status||Special case (switching codebases, some user data might die)|
|IRC channel||(on hackint)|
[12:41:49] <@SketchCow> Last.fm is going to switch codebases in the first two weeks of April [12:41:59] <@SketchCow> Opinion of these folks is... it's not going to well [12:42:23] <@SketchCow> Code music data likely to survive, but some user generated material may die [12:42:33] <@SketchCow> From latter: [12:42:34] <@SketchCow> There are 1m+ forum posts spanning nearly 11 years across global [12:42:34] <@SketchCow> forums (which you can see at http://www.last.fm/forum) and group [12:42:34] <@SketchCow> forums. The good news is all the forums are accessible by incrementing [12:42:34] <@SketchCow> the ID at the end of http://www.last.fm/forum/<id>. They are spread [12:42:36] <@SketchCow> across a mostly-continuous ID namespace. [12:42:48] <@SketchCow> 'm also slightly concerned about user journals (e.g. [12:42:48] <@SketchCow> http://www.last.fm/user/Russ/journal), but that's more difficult as [12:42:48] <@SketchCow> there's no easy way of enumerating users, short of crawling similar [12:42:48] <@SketchCow> user/friends lists. [12:42:48] <@SketchCow> I'd also suggest archiving blog.last.fm during this switchover as [12:42:50] <@SketchCow> hilarity is likely to ensue. [12:42:53] <@SketchCow> ... [12:42:55] <@SketchCow> That's all. [12:43:04] <@SketchCow> So I think a project is worth it [12:43:32] <@SketchCow> I suggest #lastchance.fm
- Your "scrobbled" listening history of songs you've listened to sent by supported software, including "Loved tracks"
- Your playlists generated on the website
- Artist Wiki biographies (licensed Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike, and GNU Free Documentation)
- Artist images
- Event Calendars
- Your user submitted profile image
- Your user journal entries
- Your friends list
- Events user went to
- Some artists have uploaded tracks, which are free to download
- per user "badges" showing top tracks, # tracks listened to, popular this week tracks etc.
- users' About Me profiles, and where they're from
- Groups, and group forums
- Shoutboxes (comment areas) on users, groups, and musicians
Getting it Out
- LastScrape GUI http://encukou.github.com/lastscrape-gui/
- LastToLibre https://gitorious.org/fmthings/lasttolibre
- Playlistify (Limited Export) http://playlistify.org/
- Official exporter http://www.last.fm/settings/dataexporter
There's some tools available via http://build.last.fm/ as well.
User Profile Image
Access your profile, right click image, Save Image
Can get it bigger by changing the image size parameter (default 126) to 500 (or maybe more?)
- Libre.fm - Open source clone, no apparent user costs