|Archiving status||Not saved yet|
|IRC channel||(on EFnet)|
Blip.tv is a video sharing website.
Blip.tv Acquired By Video-Blog Killers Maker Studios
Posted on Oct 8 2013 - 3:12pm by Zennie Abraham
Blip.tv, the video sharing site that was created by a team lead by Mike Hudack and Dina Kaplan, is dead. It’s now called “the old Blip.tv” and has been replaced by something owned by that horrible video-channel eating company network Maker Studios. (Mike and Dina left Blip in 2012.)
And if you’re asking “Is that the same Maker Studios that took YouTube Partner Ray William Johnson’s Google AdSense account and never gave it back to him? The same Maker Studios that pushed Pew Die Pie at us on YouTube? The same Maker Studios that was founded by Danny Zappin, Lisa Donovan (LisaNova on YouTube), Scott Katz, Derek Jones and Will Watkin? The same Maker Studios that’s involved in a nasty lawsuit between Mr. Zappin and the others, including his ex-girlfriend Lisa Donovan?
The answer is yes.
- On pages like http://blip.tv/comedy-videos there is pagination but the page links are only '#' and need js to work
- Each anchor tag does have a data-results_page value that appears to carry the url information. Here is an example:
<a class='currentResults' href="#" data-results_page="/channel/get_directory_listing?channels_id=46&page=1">1</a> <a class='advanceResults' href="#" data-results_page="/channel/get_directory_listing?channels_id=46&page=2">2</a> <a class='advanceResults' href="#" data-results_page="/channel/get_directory_listing?channels_id=46&page=3">3</a>
- Each page of results in a category is only 8 shows at a time.
- Each show has x many episodes
- Some shows have rss feeds. Example http://blip.tv/ylse/rss
- RSS feeds only show a partial list of episodes. http://blip.tv/schlomo/ has more episodes than listed in the RSS feed.
- If you have the url of a video's page http://blip.tv/zomblogalypse/zomblogalypse-series-trailer-5617646 for example get-flash-video can download the video in a nice mp4 file.
- There is no /sitemap.xml
- robots.txt crawl delay is 1 second.
- Here's some 20,000 blip.tv urls from URLTeam: http://paste.archivingyoursh.it/raw/gidaqotimo.sm
- Contains 3,397 shows that consist of 1 or more episodes.