The ArchiveTeam Warrior is a virtual archiving appliance. You can run it to help with the ArchiveTeam archiving efforts.
Download the appliance and run it with your favorite virtualization tool (VirtualBox, VMware etc.).
Instructions for VirtualBox:
- Install and run VirtualBox.
- Download the archiveteam-warrior-v2-20120813.ova file.
- In VirtualBox, click File > Import Appliance and open the file.
- Start the appliance - it will automatically update and eventually show a message telling you to visit your browser
- Go to [localhost] and check the settings page.
- You can choose a username which will show on the leaderboards, and also the number of concurrent tasks the warrior will attempt to run.
- Sometimes there will be multiple projects on offer - you can choose to follow any single project or the project that the ArchiveTeam are currently working on.
You MUST choose a project the first time you start the Warrior else it won't do anything.
Testing pre-production code
(Don't do this unless you really need or want to.) If you are developing a warrior script, you can test it by switching your warrior from the
production branch to the
- Start the warrior.
- Press Alt+F2 and log in with username
sudo -u warrior git checkout master
By the same route you can return your warrior to the