Difference between revisions of "ArchiveTeam Warrior"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
== Projects ==
== Projects ==
Revision as of 22:00, 16 February 2013
The ArchiveTeam Warrior is a virtual archiving appliance. You can run it to help with the ArchiveTeam archiving efforts. It will download sites and upload them to our archive.
It is easy to get started. Download the appliance and run it with your favorite virtualization tool (VirtualBox, VMware etc.).
Instructions for VirtualBox:
- Install and run VirtualBox.
- Download the archiveteam-warrior-v2-20121008.ova file.
- In VirtualBox, click File > Import Appliance and open the file.
- Start the appliance - it will automatically update and eventually show a message telling you to visit your browser
- Go to http://127.0.0.1:8001 and check the settings page.
- You can choose a username which will show on the leaderboards, and also the number of concurrent tasks the warrior will attempt to run.
- Sometimes there will be multiple projects on offer - you can choose to follow any single project or the project that the ArchiveTeam are currently working on.
- You MUST choose a project the first time you start the Warrior else it won't do anything.
Previous and current warrior projects:
|MobileMe||Archive Posted||April 3, 2012||Aug 8, 2012||Success|
|Fortune City||Archive Posted||April 4, 2012||April 11, 2012||Partial Success||archive user lookup|
|Tabblo||Archive Posted||May 23, 2012||May 26, 2012||Success||archive user lookup|
|PicPlz||Archive Posted||June 3, 2012||June 15, 2012||archive index user lookup|
|Tumblr (test project)||Archive Posted||August 9, 2012||August 19, 2012|| |
|Cinch.FM||Archive Posted||August 20, 2012||August 22, 2012||Success|||
|City Of Heroes||Archive Posted||September 3, 2012||December 1, 2012||Success||www forums 1 2 3 4 5|
|Webshots||Archive Posted||October 4, 2012||November 18, 2012||index|
|BT Internet||Archive Posted||October 10, 2012||November 2, 2012||Success||archive|
|Daily Booth||Archive Posted||November 19, 2012||December 29, 2012|| index|
|Github||Archive Posted||December 13, 2012||December 17, 2012||Success||archive index|
|Yahoo Blogs (Vietnamese)||Downloads Finished||January 8, 2013||January 19, 2013|
|weblog.nl||Downloads Finished||January 19, 2013||February 2, 2013|
|Punchfork||Active||January 11, 2013|
|Xanga||In Development||January 22, 2013|
- In Development
- a future project
- start up a Warrior and join the fun; this one is in progress right now
- Downloads Finished
- we've finished downloading the data
- the collected data has been properly archived
- Archive Posted
- the archive is available for download
- downloaded all of the data and posted the archive publicly
- Qualified Success
- either we couldn't get all of the data, or the archive can't be made public
- the site closed before we could download anything
Testing pre-production code
(Don't do this unless you really need or want to.) If you are developing a warrior script, you can test it by switching your warrior from the
production branch to the
- Start the warrior.
- Press Alt+F2 and log in with username
sudo -u warrior git checkout master
By the same route you can return your warrior to the