|Wallhaven (Alpha Phase)|
|IRC channel||(on hackint)|
wallhaven.cc is a store of wallpapers and other high-resolution media typically scraped from chans' /hr, /wg, and /w boards.
It seems to be a replacement for wallbase.cc project.
It is in alpha phase now. Content uploaded to alpha.wallhaven.cc will likely be deleted after that phase is over.
The notice on the page reads:
Alpha Notice: We are expecting to start fresh at the end of the alpha phase. The alpha is only intended as a sneak peek and a quick and dirty bug test.
We should archive the content on alpha.wallhaven.cc.
Alpha phase ending soon. https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/forums/post/16193#post-16193
Yeah, we're very close to ending alpha now. There will be a few "big" changes that will be breaking for a lot of 3rd parties, so we're going to try and make sure to have a decent plan to allow a bit of time to react before we just break everything for them.
Work thus far
Some page analysis.
The structure is very similar to wallbase.cc. Scraping is very easy. Some urls have changed a bit.
- Categories: alpha.wallhaven.cc/tags/id
- Tags: alpha.wallhaven.cc/tag/id
- Wallpapers: alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/id
- Users: alpha.wallhaven.cc/user/id
- Wallpapers: alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpapers/full/wallhaven-ID(.jpg/.png)
- You have to be logged in to view NSFW flagged wallpapers.
- Tags can have aliases. This seems to be new. It's kinda cool, I think.
- The domain implements rate limiting or the infrastructure is a lot slower compared to the wallbase.cc infrastructure.