| (on hackint)
(formerly #destreamers (on EFnet))
vStreamers is a video hosting service, which is visually a clone of older iterations of YouTube. It will be shutting down on January 15, 2015.
Important update: Thanks, everyone for beta-testing the website and all support you've been giving us through the last year. Unfortunately, we can't go on with the service anymore.
Long story short: The website is suffering from financial crisis, I had a hard time putting up with the bills through the previous year. The only reason vStreamers.com was kept alive is because someone has been helping me.
I have tried the implementation of Premium Accounts, but it didn't put up with the expectations. Now, the website's storage space is getting shorter and the person helping me has also agreed that we can't hold on this way forever. A website that can't sustain itself is bound to fail sooner or later.
With that said, I have been talking to some people, and we all came to the conclusion that we'll re-release the website later with a better financial plan in order to avoid the same problems. These changes might not appease everyone, but it's the only way of keeping the website alive.
All information, including videos, account info, user themes, avatars, thumbnails, and other stuff will be saved while we work on what we'll do with the website.
vStreamers.com will be closing down January 15th. Those who have a premium account and wish for a refund from such, please follow this link: http://vstreamers.com/refund.php
- thumbnail located at http://vstreamers.com/images/previews/5676_10662962_1.jpg
- video located at http://vstreamers.com/get_vid/5676_43699054_1.mp4/hLKLK5QuIdyKppqr5PuI2z9r6CJ5uIOCjoeTjUdSYBsdRIuMnPkeejwaM768EKzOYDx9oBQc49fLHAnUfyZkHmlkihhNRHsGaQEphksbiyMQYZA5nqfVCq6LxdpfKHLLnf1vpiwyH0evZFqdVvYoLUZ0XefyMQ0ZW1kb0HAGGF3vbiyXEnbg92gW7lkI2kxNaIPafgGLMz8NIwAcJCiIuouqzFZrPn5QVKQ1QnCsMz7kVxmv1v4kJoB0TqqzElg/a12097163b1075ae4d5fec0f9a33bcde/0/5676_43699054_1.mp4
- video comments loaded through http://vstreamers.com/js/load_comms.php
- has parameter ?page=
- value can be v, pl, fv, fr, s1, s2
- avatar located at http://vstreamers.com/images/avatars/495_53709483.PNG (not every channel has one)
- background located at http://vstreamers.com/images/bgs/495_71556520.PNG (not every channel has one)
- banner located at http://vstreamers.com/images/banners/495_37535320.PNG (not every channel has one)
- channel comments loaded through http://vstreamers.com/js/load_comms.php
- can be discovered through http://vstreamers.com/p/channels
- can be discovered through http://vstreamers.com/p/groups_main
- group avatar located at http://vstreamers.com/images/thumbnails/g_QnC9hhljdzBsD4sucFHJ_26209306.PNG (not every group has one)
- topics loaded through http://vstreamers.com/js/load_group_topic.php
How can I help?
Running a Warrior
You can start up a Warrior and there select vStreamers. (If you don't really care what you are archiving, select ArchiveTeam's Choice instead, as at some points ArchiveTeam may prioritize another project.)
Running the script manually
If you use Linux and you're a bit familiar with it, you can try running the script directly.
The instructions can be found at github.com/ArchiveTeam/vstreamers-grab.
|Some additional information
|Don't forget to replace YOURNICKHERE with your nickname.
The number after
If you want to stop the script, please do it gracefully if possible. To do so, create an empty file named STOP in the folder of the script (terminal command:
If you see "Project code is out of date", kill the script, go to its folder (
Donating to the Internet Archive
Content downloaded by the ArchiveTeam will be uploaded to the Internet Archive, where it will be stored and be available – hopefully – forever. However, storing it costs thousands of dollars in the long run. So, if you can afford, please consider donating to the Internet Archive, so that this piece of history can be kept for us all. http://archive.org/donate
Do you like our cause?
If you want to help in other projects, want to learn more about ArchiveTeam, or even help in development in general, navigate to the Main Page of this wiki, from there you can reach a lot of information. The Team consists of volunteers working on the projects in their free time, so helping hands (and resources) are always welcome.