|Project source||Phase 1|
|Project tracker||Phase 1|
|IRC channel|| (on hackint)|
(formerly #fotofinished (on EFnet))
|Data[how to use]||archiveteam_fotopedia |
Fotopedia is user-contributed encyclopedia for photos
Fotopedia is shutting down
July 31, 2014 by fotonauts
We are sorry to announce that Fotopedia is shutting down.
As of August 10, 2014, Fotopedia.com will close and our iOS applications will cease to function. Our community of passionate photographers, curators and storytellers has made this a wonderful journey, and we’d like to thank you for your hard work and your contributions. We truly believe in the concept of storytelling but don’t think there is a suitable business in it yet.
- Getting original photos: http://images.cdn.fotopedia.com/M9q-AYsaCzw-pTuP7SlOTYg-max_2560.jpg → http://images.cdn.fotopedia.com/M9q-AYsaCzw-pTuP7SlOTYg-original.jpg
- Abusing the API: http://www.fotopedia.com/community#users/most_featured/epoch
- Photos from a user appears in articles and stories.
- fr.fotopedia.com, simple.fotopedia.com, etc corresponding to language from Wikipedia (Londres = London)
- Some things come from external sites like Flickr: /items/flickr-3110692965
- iOS exclusives: http://www.fotopedia.com/products
- Bot trap: /bottrap/trap?random=11e4a41e28fe113233837ae86775e98c
Types of URLs
- A user: /users/4d41h58ro27a6
- A user's photos: /users/4d41h58ro27a6/last_photos
- A user's stories: /reporter/users/4d41h58ro27a6
- A story: /reporter/stories/OxPlIc_Oce_
- A photo: /items/4d41h58ro27a6-mnYC-fLgByc
- An article: /wiki/List_of_musical_instruments
- A user's following list: /users/e4-OQXo_noA/all_following
- A user's collection of stories: /reporter/personal_magazine/bCW-oGGCRbc
- A user's albums: /users/everlasting/all_albums
- A user's album: /albums/hU7EIxucmf4
- Something?: /albums/567c25cd-7ff1-42c8-aff1-05afc9b89bab/entries/fc4543dc-52df-45ca-bc3d-eee560df1cd2/photos?page=2
- Projects: /projects/A76yOhjrDPE
How to Help
Start up a Warrior. Alternatively, the scripts can be run manually as detailed in the source code repositories.
Phase 1 is content discovery. A list of usernames are combed for their IDs of photos, albums, stories etc. Phase 2 is the actual download of photos and pages.
You can browse the archives using the Wayback Machine.
You can access the CC licensed files at 2014.08.fotopedia-cc-export-collection