A film is a series of still or moving images. It is produced by recording photographic images with cameras, or by creating images using animation techniques or visual effects. The process of filmmaking has developed into an art form and industry.
According to The Internet Movie Database there are over 492,000 films and over 600,000 shorts.
There is a movies collection at Internet Archive.
Deutsche Kinemathek estimates that 80–90% of silent films are lost, the film archive's own list contains over 3500 lost films.
A study by the Library of Congress states that 75% of all silent films are now lost.
For example, roughly 200 out of over 500 Geroge Méliès' films and 350 out of over 1,000 Alice Guy's films remain in existence today.
- "List of lost films" at Wikipedia
- "List of incomplete or partially lost films" at Wikipedia
- "List of rediscovered films" at Wikipedia
- https://www.lost-films.eu/ job:9sdac
- List of 7000+ Lost American Silent Feature Films
Public domain works
- "List of films in the public domain in the United States" at Wikipedia
- "List of animated films in the public domain in the United States" at Wikipedia
|v · t · e Cinema|
Allmovie · AlloCiné · FilmAffinity · Kinopoisk · Lost-films.eu · PORT.hu · The Internet Movie Database · TheTVDB · The Movie Database (TMDb)
Bechdel Test Movie List · Box Office Mojo · Cineteca Chilena · Metacritic · MovieMeter · Rotten Tomatoes · The Classic Horror Film Board
Google Video · YouTube · Vimeo
|v · t · e Arts|
Architecture · Cuisine · Literature · Music · Painting
3D printing · Cinema · Photography · Videogames · Websites