|URL||https://makezine.com/, https://makershed.com/, https://makercamp.com/, https://makershare.com/, https://makerfaire.com/|
|Archiving status||In progress... (through ArchiveBot)|
|IRC channel||(on EFnet)|
Make:/Make Magazine is a magazine dedicated to do-it-yourself (DIY) content and related cultures, which is also responsible for the Maker Faire series of expos.
Archival was initiated at the request of SketchCow in #archiveteam on June 4, 2019, urging us to get started immediately on any and all things related to Make:
[19:25:47] <@SketchCow> ====================================================
[19:25:55] <@SketchCow> EVERYTHING RELATED TO MAKE MAGAZINE. GET IT ALL.
[19:25:58] <@SketchCow> START IMMEDIATELY.
[19:25:59] <@SketchCow> ====================================================
[19:26:13] <@SketchCow> Anything they touch. Make Magazine. Makers Faire. Craft.
[19:26:59] <@SketchCow> makezine.com, makershed.com, makercamp.com, makershare.com
Not long afterwards, on June 8, 2019, TechCrunch published an article publicly revealing that Maker Media had given its entire workforce marching orders to the meat grinder amidst financial troubles, which included the failure to secure Microsoft and Autodesk as sponsors for its flagship Maker Faire in San Francisco. Maker Media's CEO, Dale Dougherty, said the following about the future state of Make: content and its future:
• • •
But Dougherty is still desperately trying to resuscitate the company in some capacity, if only to keep MAKE:’s online archive running and continue allowing third-party organizers to license the Maker Faire name to throw affiliated events. Rather than bankruptcy, Maker Media is working through an alternative Assignment for Benefit of Creditors process.
“We’re trying to keep the servers running” Dougherty tells me. “I hope to be able to get control of the assets of the company and restart it. We’re not necessarily going to do everything we did in the past but I’m committed to keeping the print magazine going and the Maker Faire licensing program.” The fate of those hopes will depend on negotiations with banks and financiers over the next few weeks. For now the sites remain online.
Of course, the promise of things going right in a negotiation and/or liquidation can easily turn out to be a mirage. But hey, we started early!
- makezine.com job:7o8gcnfor4b81iqjhka2au7t3
- readerservices.makezine.com job:aspe5p30xgr4ko05xub9jt76p
- makerfaire.com job:554igzxmycjmw5un7kctvbjfz
- alameda.makerfaire.com job:81m9o1laqyycrqnqog6nymd4e
- chicagosouthside.makerfaire.com job:el3e9o0cqqfzfjmgl44a3lxpx
- detroit.makerfaire.com job:e9r5ygvtd8cttqwsea84gtj8s
- kingsport.makerfaire.com job:cnlrq0oa4ls5n32saang63g70
- galicia.makerfaire.com job:d44x35of7z7dtgxgmmemd2de0
- southshore.makerfaire.com job:blhhlul8q3jqjvc39wkwcxkrv
- idahofalls.makerfaire.com job:6kkaa7atni92fob7sku7w4ri9
- easternlongisland.makerfaire.com job:30mzt6vwt4mmyi2swdoitfcef
- glasgow.makerfaire.com job:37uyvzt1pd6xtarix768wiv5g
- providence.makerfaire.com job:9yh9kbyta7bq1o7h91l0axqal
- sheboygan.makerfaire.com job:4td7l7zluulfzeh11wrkvlxqr
- northcounty.makerfaire.com job:68rmq4d9wk6tatbjknkxu3odo
- prague.makerfaire.com job:9nhj009amnqsizdtepbxy630k
- honolulu.makerfaire.com job:5gi63ydahcjnghfqufufzzg8g
- kansascity.makerfaire.com job:c8t0kh0xdc4czk0advqvrumbx
- manila.makerfaire.com job:aw1t7tzmxdy0tmbx5vsrgn2w1
- galicia.makerfaire.com job:dw9u66k2osldmgiaiirweguxe
- coeurdalene.makerfaire.com job:66dbvfg9xyb0yjhkd27dddbpc
- edmonton.makerfaire.com job:eqik9ql25voq5zmvlhwcs4zte
- makezine.jp job:df9cu2up8ph10w9cpihp2h42s