Jump to navigation Jump to search
Upcoming, as seen on April 20, 2013.
|IRC channel||(on EFnet)|
Yahoo's Upcoming service was a social events site. Yahoo! announced on April 18, 2013, that Upcoming would shut down at the end of the same month.
- Sharpening our focus – to bring you new Yahoo! products
- By Jay Rossiter, EVP, Platforms
- Like we announced last month, we want to bring you experiences that inspire and entertain you every day. That means taking a hard look at all of our products to make sure they are still central to your daily habits. As part of that ongoing effort, today we are shutting down a few more products. We realize that change is hard, but by making tough decisions like these we can focus our energy on building beautiful products for you like the two we introduced this week - Yahoo! Mail for iPad and Android tablets and Yahoo! Weather for iPhone.
- The changes below will begin rolling out soon.
- As of April 30, 2013, Upcoming will be going away. If you have uploaded events to the site, please click here to learn how to download your information. Additionally, effective on April 30, 2013, we will no longer support the Upcoming API.
Yup, we saved it
WARC archives of our grab can be found on archive.org.
- Want To Help Archive Upcoming.org Before Yahoo Shuts It Down? Try This., TechCrunch, 2013-04-22
- Yahoo Kills Upcoming, Archive Team Saves the Day, Webmonkey, 2013-04-22
- How You Can Help Save Upcoming.org, Posterous, and More, Waxy.org, 2013-04-20