|(61 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
What I' m trying to look smart with ==
=='==::''a ''<>-->''a .''
== What I probably shouldn't have archived ==
<center><div style="text-align:center; width:90%; border: 2px solid red; font-size:120%;">
<font color="red">'''Általam feltöltött tartalom eltávolításával kapcsolatos kéréseket a <code>vichra</code><code>timot</code><code>@euro</code><code>mail.</code><code>hu</code> címre kell küldeni.'''</font>
Requests for removal of content uploaded by me should be sent to <code>vichra</ code><code>timot</ code><code>@euro</code><code>mail. </ code><code>hu</ code>. '''
= Who I am ==
[http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary Hungarian] amateur who joined the efforts of ArchiveTeam. "Specialized" in watching and saving Hungarian websites.
== What I've done ==
, -projects in , , . , , [[:|]]
*What I've saved or am saving:
** stuff listed with my name on [[Small projects ]]
** tiny projects:
*** [[Demotivalo.net]] – status: endangered/closed – saved in 2014 – archives: see [[Demotivalo.net|there]]
*** [http://netszar.com netszar.com] – status: endangered – saved in June 2015 – archive: [https://archive.org/details/netszar_com_2015_06]
*** Kajászószentpéter – closed on 2015-07-07 – saved in June 2015 – archives: [https://archive.org/details/kajaszoszentpeter_hu_2015_06], [https://archive.org/details/kajaszoszentpeter_photos], [https://archive. org/details/kajaszoszentpeter_videos]
*** Astra Insurance ([http://www.astrasig.ro Romania], [http://www.astrabiztosito.hu Hungary]) – status: closing – saved in November 2015 – archives: [http://archive.org/details/astrasig_ro_20151128], [http://archive.org/details/astrabiztosito_hu_20151126]
*[[ Template: Hungarian websites| What I'm watching]]
*[[:Category:Hungarian websites|What I've written about]]
Also saved [ http:// wikiapiary. com/ wiki/Special:Contributions/bzc6p a few wikis] in the beginning.
I sometimes also take part in [[Warrior]] projects, in those rare cases when the tracker limit is not already saturated.
to-do list (Hungarain deathwatch) ==
== My ==
As soon as I have enough time, I should archive the following sites as they are at a certain risk of disappearing. (Doesn't list sites I've already started working on.) In order of urgency:
, as of
# [[ Fotoalbum.hu]] – currently crashed, keeping an eye on it
# [[ xfree.hu]] – site seems to be okay, but company behind it is very much in the red for years now
# [[ mindenkilapja.hu]] – owner seems okay but site is not cared of, full of spam
# [[ Ingyenweb]] – a very old and obsoleted free webhosting site not cared for by the maintainer. Also sitting on some valuable domain names
# [[ videok.hu]] – a video sharing site not ( any more) too popular, not really cared for, owner same as the one of [[ Ingyenweb]]
Volán]] – keeping an eye on it!
What I recommend ==
*Chfoo's [http://github.com/chfoo/wpull Wpull] for saving to [[WARC]]
* Ikreymer's [http://webrecorder.io webrecorder.io] when things are too difficult
** wget still lacks some handy features wpull already has got
** No, I don't prefer [[ArchiveBot]] as most websites can't be saved automatically, also one can't really fine-tune a specific ArchiveBot job. Can be useful and powerful, but it's still <s>quite dull</s> under development. '''Use with caution.'''
*Alard's [https://github.com/alard/warc-proxy warc-proxy] or Ikreymer's [https://github.com/ikreymer/webarchiveplayer webarchiveplayer] for testing WARCs
*Kngenie's [https://github.com/kngenie/ias3upload ias3upload] for uploading to [[Internet Archive|IA]]
**No, I tried but didn't like the [https://pypi.python.org/pypi/internetarchive internetarchive] tool.
== My dreams ==
=== Short term ( will maybe realized one day) ===
I'd like to create a small Hungarian Internet Archive, collecting and presenting archives of websites saved by me or others, just like the [[ Internet Archive]] and the Wayback Machine does. ( Don't think of large scale, just starting with a few second-hand 1 TB hard disks connected to a home server.) Also, I'd restore died websites on their original location ( domain) if possible, so rotten links could resurrect.
This could also act as a mirror of some websites uploaded to IA.
also some .
= Long term (isn't likely to be realized ever) ===
Recording main Hungarian radio and television channels' complete program (0–24), and also give the public restricted access to these archives. (There is [http://nava.hu/what-is-nava/ NAVA], but that doesn't record everything, and is often a bit difficult to access. )
Hungarian the . , 't .
What I've found in Hungarian about ArchiveTeam ==
*Sándor Berta: ''[ http:// sg. hu/ cikkek/ 67175/ archivaljak-a-geocities-tartalmakat Archiválják a GeoCities-tartalmakat] '' (''They archive GeoCities' contents''). sg.hu, 2009-05-04.
*Ádám Szedlák: ''[http:// www.origo. hu/ techbazis/ internet/20090513-geocities-freeweb-archivalokra-varnak-az-ingyenes-tarhelyek. html Megmentik az őshonlapokat]'' (''They are saving the ancient websites''). origo. hu, 2009-05-13. (About [[ Geocities]] .)
Ádám Szedlák: ''[http:// www. origo. hu/ techbazis/ internet/ 20091102-geocities-uj-otthont-kaptak-az-oshonlapok. html Új otthont kaptak az őshonlapok]' ' (''The ancient websites got a new home' '). origo. hu, 2009-11-02. ( About Geocities.)
'[ http:// index. hu/ tech/ 2013/ 10/ 21/ lementik_a_legnagyobb_torrentkeresot/ Lementik a legnagyobb torrentkeresőt]' ' (''They download the biggest torrent search site''). index.hu, 2013-10-21. (About saving [[ IsoHunt]] .)
'[ http:// hvg. hu/ tudomany/ 20131030_Meglepo_hir_a_filmletoltoknek_feleled_a_m Mit szóltok filmletöltők? Két héttel a bezárása után ismét működik a népszerű torrentoldal] '' (''What do you say, movie leechers? Two weeks after its closure popular torrent site runs again''). hvg.hu, 2013- 10-30. ( About IsoHunt restoration.)
[://.///], [http://.//.are the . . , .
Dániel Dojcsák: ''[http:// www. hwsw. hu/ hirek/ 51400/ blip- videomegoszto-online-tartalom-premium-torles-arhivum. html Elpusztulhat a nem profitképes online tartalom] '' ( ''Non-profitable online content may vanish'') . hwsw.hu, 2013-12- 03. (Mentions ArchiveTeam saving [[Blip. tv|Blip]] videos. )
*Péter Szűcs: ''[ http://itcafe.hu/hir/az_internet_nem_felejt.html Az internet nem felejt] '' (' 'The internet doesn't forget''). itcafe.hu, 2015-03-05. (About ArchiveTeam's activity in general.)
* '[://.//], ,
]() , -. . .
' ' (').
Elindult az archiveteam.hu!
Magyar nyelvű információk az ArchiveTeam tevékenységéről, illetve a magyar weboldalak sorsáról!
Elindult az RSZI magyar webarchívum!
3 képfeltöltő szolgáltatás közel 2,5 millió, a Wayback Machine-ból sem elérhető képe újra hozzáférhető!
Elindult a Lecsű videoarchiváló szolgáltatás!
Segíts megmenteni az értékes YouTube videókat az eltűnéstől!
bzc6p is a Hungarian amateur archivist who joined the efforts of ArchiveTeam. "Specialized" in watching and saving Hungarian websites.
vichratimot (at) euromail (dot) hu
Not been doing much spectacular activity recently, but still operating my long-running projects in my, now much less, free time. You may, however, successfully contact me on my talk page or via email if necessary.
See what I'm archiving.
Websites that I've archived, I'm archiving or I've took part in organizing their archival, in reversed chronological order in each category. If the website has an entry on this wiki, consult that page for the archives. If not, a link to the archives should be found in the appropriate line.
I'm also archiving some Hungarian TV and radio programmes, magazines and shop flyers.
Hungarian websites that should be saved in the near future. I don't reserve them as my projects, as I fear I won't have time for them soon.
My experience with my few website archiving endavours so far suggests that there are very few websites today that can be mirrored completely in automated ways without human control and intervention. Thus, if one wants to make quality archives even of a small website, it needs more or less attention, often additional work, or several, supplemental runs of archiving tools.
These archiving tools (wget, wpull, ArchiveBot etc.) are very important and useful, but in most cases, are themselves incapable of making complete archives. My philosophy is that we should do as complete and quality archives as possible, if we set off on the journey of archiving a website, so we cannot rely solely on these tools. Of course, constrained by time and resources, we must make a compromise. Otherwise, however, the above applies. At least for me. This is how I archive.
Saving to WARC
- Chfoo's Wpull: a good alternative to wget, still being developed, with good archiving support
- wget: faster, but lacks some handy features wpull already has got, and is pretty much in its final state
- Internet Archive's warcprox: provides a proxy to your web browser, so you can easily create WARCs as you browse, if it's just a few pages
- Ikreymer's webrecorder.io: concept similar to warcprox, but you don't need to install anything, WARC is generated remotely (you can also install it, but it needs Docker)
- Alard's warc-proxy: using a proxy, provides accurate replay, but doesn't support HTTPS, and development seems to be stopped
- Ikreymer's webarchiveplayer: doesn't use a proxy, works similarly to the Wayback Machine, but because of that, some URLs are not rewritten in the files, and may not play back properly
Uploading to IA
- Kngenie's ias3upload: just uploading, and needs a metadata CSV-file beforehand, but otherwise works fine
- IA-developed internetarchive: more versatile tool (upload, download, search etc.)
- Direct use of the Internet Archive S3 API with the curl program. The above uploading tools are based on this interface.
I hope one day I can re-host Hungarian websites that are dead now but have been archived. Or, at least, create a Wayback Machine for Hungarian websites, that would also serve as a mirror to the corresponding Internet Archive items.
As for the URL Team project, given that the discovered URLs have not been saved in WARC format (yet) but in a format difficult to access and read, a shorturl-resolver service for already gone URL shorteners would be useful. It would be kind of a Wayback Machine for URL shorteners. It wouldn't even be difficult to set up, based on URL Team databases.
I would also be glad to record Hungarian radio and television channels' programme 24/7, but that would require a vast amount of resources, Until / instead of that, I'm collecting some recordings of notable Hungarian TV and radio programmes and moments from YouTube (and of course, I'm uploading them to the Archive).
Hungarian articles about Archive Team
Below I've collected online Hungarian news articles published about Archive Team that I've been able to find. The list is in reversed chronological order.
- I've proudly discovered that Archive Team got its own article (among Organizations) on the knowledge base of the Hungarian Internet Archive, that is, the Web Archiving Department of National Széchényi Library, the national library of Hungary! (Date: 2017-07-25).
- Péter Szűcs: Az internet nem felejt (The internet doesn't forget). itcafe.hu, 2015-03-05. (About ArchiveTeam's activity in general.)
- Dániel Dojcsák: Elpusztulhat a nem profitképes online tartalom (Non-profitable online content may vanish). hwsw.hu, 2013-12-03. (Mentions ArchiveTeam saving Blip videos.)
- Mit szóltok filmletöltők? Két héttel a bezárása után ismét működik a népszerű torrentoldal (What do you say, movie leechers? Two weeks after its closure popular torrent site runs again). hvg.hu, 2013-10-30. (About IsoHunt restoration.)
- Lementik a legnagyobb torrentkeresőt (They download the biggest torrent search site). index.hu, 2013-10-21. (About saving IsoHunt.)
- Ádám Szedlák: Új otthont kaptak az őshonlapok (The ancient websites got a new home). origo.hu, 2009-11-02. (About Geocities.)
- Ádám Szedlák: Megmentik az őshonlapokat (They are saving the ancient websites). origo.hu, 2009-05-13. (About Geocities.)
- Sándor Berta: Archiválják a GeoCities-tartalmakat (They archive GeoCities' contents). sg.hu, 2009-05-04.