|(91 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
table width =100><tr><td bgcolor=CD2A3E align =center><font color=white>''' Hungarian'''</font></ td></ tr>< tr>< td bgcolor=FFFFFF align=center>''' Amateur'''</ td></ tr>< tr>< td bgcolor=436F4D align= center>< font color=white> '''Archivist'''</ font>< /td></ tr></ table>
<widthaligncenter><font>''''''</font></</> <><>'''''' </></><><=><> '''</><></></>
I'm a Hungarian amateur who joined the efforts of ArchiveTeam.
In my free (processing) time I archive [http:// wikiapiary. com/wiki/ Category:Website_not_archived wikis yet not archived listed on WikiApiary] , with [[ WikiTeam]] tools. See [http://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/bzc6p here] what I've already archived.
However, as a Hungarian, I keep an eye on some important user- content- filled Hungarian websites, and, if necessary, I mirror them. ( See my current projects below.) But I don' t bother the ArchiveTeam community while I seem to manage myself.
(I use [[ User: Chfoo| Chfoo]] 's [http://github.com/chfoo/wpull Wpull] software, as [[Wget]] has an [http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?42794 issue] with parsing certain HTML files. )
And, of course, whenever a big ArchiveTeam project comes up, I join in.
I have neither huge bandwidth nor huge storage, but I'm enthusiast, and I save what I can.
== Websites I've
saved or I' m going to save myself ==
Websites I've or I'to
Please note that at the moment it seems that I can bear with these, they are relatively small sites, I don't need help (yet).
<table border= 1>
<th>Website</th><th>Description</th><th>Reason to save</th><th>Website status<br />(2014- 08-01)</th><th>Archiving status</th>
<td>[ http://www. demotivalo.net demotivalo.net] </td><td>The greatest and possibly the oldest Hungarian site for [ http://en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Motivational_poster#Parodies_and_demotivational_posters demotivational posters] </td><td>Uncontinous admin activity, unsure future</td><td bgcolor=MediumSpringGreen>Alive</td><td bgcolor=khaki>In queue</td>
<td>[ http:// www. oszdmeg. com oszdmeg.com] </td><td>Sister site of demotivalo.net, emotion-themed posters</td><td rowspan=4>Abandoned by admins, unsure future</td><td rowspan=4 bgcolor=MediumSpringGreen>Alive</td><td bgcolor=mediumspringgreen>[ http:/ /archive.org/details/oszdmeg_com_20140802 Saved] on 2014-08-02, 1,19 GiB</td>
<td>[ http:// www. idokapu. com idokapu.com] </td><td>Sister site of demotivalo.net, then-and-now themed posters</td><td bgcolor=mediumspringgreen>[ http:/ /archive.org/details/idokapu_com_20140723_website_crawl Saved] on 2014-07-23, 426 MiB</td>
<td>[ http:// www. klonok. com klonok.com] </td><td>Sister site of demotivalo.net, similarities themed posters</ td><td bgcolor=MediumSpringGreen>[ http://archive. org/details/klonok_com_20140722_website_crawl Saved] on 2014-07-22, 131 MiB</td>
<td>[http:// www. kommenthuszar. com kommenthuszar.com] </td><td>Sister site of demotivalo.net, collection of troll comments and weird posts, mainly from Facebook</td><td bgcolor=mediumspringgreen>[ http://archive.org/details/ kommenthuszar_com_20140727 Saved] on 2014-07-27, 1,15 GiB</td>
<td>[ http://www.blogter.hu blogter. hu] </td><td>One of the oldest and most popular Hungarian blogging sites</td><td>No admin activity, slow server, excessive spamming</td><td bgcolor=mediumspringgreen>Alive</td><td bgcolor=khaki>In queue</td>
<td>[ http://www.ingyenweb.hu ingyenweb.hu] </td><td>An old and popular small-storage free hosting service</td><td>No visible admin activity, obsoletion, only partial copies in Wayback Machine</td><td bgcolor=mediumspringgreen>Alive</td><td bgcolor=khaki>In queue</td>
If you know about an other Hungarian site that seems to be dying or closing, either archive that, or if you can't / don't want, feel free to write on [[ User_talk: bzc6p| my talk page]].
that to or
/'t , to
Elindult az archiveteam.hu!
Magyar nyelvű információk az ArchiveTeam tevékenységéről, illetve a magyar weboldalak sorsáról!
Elindult az RSZI magyar webarchívum!
3 képfeltöltő szolgáltatás közel 2,5 millió, a Wayback Machine-ból sem elérhető képe újra hozzáférhető!
Elindult a Lecsű videoarchiváló szolgáltatás!
Segíts megmenteni az értékes YouTube videókat az eltűnéstől!
bzc6p is a Hungarian amateur archivist who joined the efforts of ArchiveTeam. "Specialized" in watching and saving Hungarian websites.
vichratimot (at) euromail (dot) hu
Not been doing much spectacular activity recently, but still operating my long-running projects in my, now much less, free time. You may, however, successfully contact me on my talk page or via email if necessary.
See what I'm archiving.
Websites that I've archived, I'm archiving or I've took part in organizing their archival, in reversed chronological order in each category. If the website has an entry on this wiki, consult that page for the archives. If not, a link to the archives should be found in the appropriate line.
I'm also archiving some Hungarian TV and radio programmes, magazines and shop flyers.
Hungarian websites that should be saved in the near future. I don't reserve them as my projects, as I fear I won't have time for them soon.
My experience with my few website archiving endavours so far suggests that there are very few websites today that can be mirrored completely in automated ways without human control and intervention. Thus, if one wants to make quality archives even of a small website, it needs more or less attention, often additional work, or several, supplemental runs of archiving tools.
These archiving tools (wget, wpull, ArchiveBot etc.) are very important and useful, but in most cases, are themselves incapable of making complete archives. My philosophy is that we should do as complete and quality archives as possible, if we set off on the journey of archiving a website, so we cannot rely solely on these tools. Of course, constrained by time and resources, we must make a compromise. Otherwise, however, the above applies. At least for me. This is how I archive.
Saving to WARC
- Chfoo's Wpull: a good alternative to wget, still being developed, with good archiving support
- wget: faster, but lacks some handy features wpull already has got, and is pretty much in its final state
- Internet Archive's warcprox: provides a proxy to your web browser, so you can easily create WARCs as you browse, if it's just a few pages
- Ikreymer's webrecorder.io: concept similar to warcprox, but you don't need to install anything, WARC is generated remotely (you can also install it, but it needs Docker)
- Alard's warc-proxy: using a proxy, provides accurate replay, but doesn't support HTTPS, and development seems to be stopped
- Ikreymer's webarchiveplayer: doesn't use a proxy, works similarly to the Wayback Machine, but because of that, some URLs are not rewritten in the files, and may not play back properly
Uploading to IA
- Kngenie's ias3upload: just uploading, and needs a metadata CSV-file beforehand, but otherwise works fine
- IA-developed internetarchive: more versatile tool (upload, download, search etc.)
- Direct use of the Internet Archive S3 API with the curl program. The above uploading tools are based on this interface.
I hope one day I can re-host Hungarian websites that are dead now but have been archived. Or, at least, create a Wayback Machine for Hungarian websites, that would also serve as a mirror to the corresponding Internet Archive items.
As for the URL Team project, given that the discovered URLs have not been saved in WARC format (yet) but in a format difficult to access and read, a shorturl-resolver service for already gone URL shorteners would be useful. It would be kind of a Wayback Machine for URL shorteners. It wouldn't even be difficult to set up, based on URL Team databases.
I would also be glad to record Hungarian radio and television channels' programme 24/7, but that would require a vast amount of resources, Until / instead of that, I'm collecting some recordings of notable Hungarian TV and radio programmes and moments from YouTube (and of course, I'm uploading them to the Archive).
Hungarian articles about Archive Team
Below I've collected online Hungarian news articles published about Archive Team that I've been able to find. The list is in reversed chronological order.
- I've proudly discovered that Archive Team got its own article (among Organizations) on the knowledge base of the Hungarian Internet Archive, that is, the Web Archiving Department of National Széchényi Library, the national library of Hungary! (Date: 2017-07-25).
- Péter Szűcs: Az internet nem felejt (The internet doesn't forget). itcafe.hu, 2015-03-05. (About ArchiveTeam's activity in general.)
- Dániel Dojcsák: Elpusztulhat a nem profitképes online tartalom (Non-profitable online content may vanish). hwsw.hu, 2013-12-03. (Mentions ArchiveTeam saving Blip videos.)
- Mit szóltok filmletöltők? Két héttel a bezárása után ismét működik a népszerű torrentoldal (What do you say, movie leechers? Two weeks after its closure popular torrent site runs again). hvg.hu, 2013-10-30. (About IsoHunt restoration.)
- Lementik a legnagyobb torrentkeresőt (They download the biggest torrent search site). index.hu, 2013-10-21. (About saving IsoHunt.)
- Ádám Szedlák: Új otthont kaptak az őshonlapok (The ancient websites got a new home). origo.hu, 2009-11-02. (About Geocities.)
- Ádám Szedlák: Megmentik az őshonlapokat (They are saving the ancient websites). origo.hu, 2009-05-13. (About Geocities.)
- Sándor Berta: Archiválják a GeoCities-tartalmakat (They archive GeoCities' contents). sg.hu, 2009-05-04.