Difference between revisions of "Talk:WikiTeam"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
== Non-MediaWiki engines ==
== Non-MediaWiki engines ==
First proof-of-concept non-MW dumper: https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam/pull/243 (DokuWiki) [[User:PiRSquared|PiRSquared]] 23:37, 6 April 2015 (EDT)
First proof-of-concept non-MW dumper : https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam/pull/243 (DokuWiki) [[User:PiRSquared|PiRSquared]] 23:37, 6 April 2015 (EDT)
Latest revision as of 03:37, 7 April 2015
Right now I'm downloading various small wikis and the largest MediaWiki non-WMF non-Wikia wikis from the largest down to wikitabs.org (they proceed quite slowly, actually, but I hope speed will increase after the first steps). Nemo bis 16:14, 7 July 2011 (UTC)
- Now I'm trying to download all the free content "MediaWiki" wikis from that list, although some of them give problems, http://marjorie-wiki.org/ http://www.wiki-aventurica.de http://www.artandpopularculture.com http://www.cnic.org/
http://tw.rpi.edu(requires login) http://wiki.urbandead.com(?) don't provide working api.php and/or index.php, additionally http://imslp.org blocked my IP after 20 pages. Nemo bis 21:08, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you, I'll try again. http://www.gardenology.org/ gives a permission error on Special:Export (login doesn't fix it) and API doesn't work neither, http://vseokino. ru the same but no special page at all (http://vseokino. ru/index.php/Служебная:SpecialPages?uselang?=en ). Nemo bis 17:42, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- I've got a wiki at thunderrabbit.com/castle which is itself an archive of an idea embodied in the BBS called "The Castle of Dreams" which was in Houston, Texas on Fidonet. I haven't had time recently to keep my wiki's construction ongoing, and though I plan to keep it available indefinitely, one never knows...
- How about TV Tropes? Supposedly, an "unofficial dump" by DoubleJ is in progress, except this entry has been in the table since 2011, so I don't think we can count on that. To be frank, it's a wiki with a quite high ratio of content deletions, so I've been hoping to see a backup of it for a while. JudgeDeadd 10:56, 7 May 2012 (EDT)
- TV Tropes uses pmwiki, and WikiTeam tools work only over MediaWiki, by now. Emijrp 15:00, 7 May 2012 (EDT)
I note Illogicopedia (en) from mirrors.sdboyd56.com/WikiTeam/index.html has mirrors.sdboyd56.com/WikiTeam/enillogicopediaorg-20111212-history.xml.7z at 16.8 Mb (7zip, Dec 2011) but the same file download.uncyc.org/en-illogico-wiki.zip (InfoZIP, one month newer) is 97Mb. (These, like ComplaintWiki.org, should be duplicates as the 7z re-invents what's already on download.uncyc.org) Both of these Illogicopedia.en's purport to contain the article history (XML, without images) so why the huge size difference? --Carlb 00:14, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
- Because 7z format is much better compressing data than Zip. Emijrp 21:42, 13 February 2012 (UTC)