Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 08:13, 10 July 2019 by Hook54321 (adding snscrape, fixing dead links, moved freeyourstuff.cc to Hosted tools, consolidating WARC specific software onto The WARC Ecosystem)
The WARC Ecosystem has information on tools to create, read and process WARC files.
- GNU WGET
- Backing up a Wordpress site: "wget --no-parent --no-clobber --html-extension --recursive --convert-links --page-requisites --user=<username> --password=<password> <path>"
- HTTrack - HTTrack options
- Pavuk -- a bit flaky, but very flexible
- Warrick - Tool to recover lost websites using various online archives and caches.
- Beautiful Soup - Python library for web scraping
- Scrapy - Fast python library for web scraping
- snscrape - Tool to scrape social networking services.
- Splinter - Web app acceptance testing library for Python -- could be used along with a scraping lib to extract data from hard-to-reach places
- WiLiSe WikiLink Search - Python script to get links to specific pages of a site through the search in a Wiki (MediaWiki-type) has the api.php accessible or extension LinkSearch enabled (the project is still very immature and at the moment the code is only available in this SVN repository).
- Mobile Phone Applications -- some notes on preserving old versions of mobile apps
- Pinboard is a convenient social bookmarking service that will archive copies of all your bookmarks for online viewing. The catch is that it costs $11/year, or $25/year if you want the archival feature and you can only download archives of your 25 most recent bookmarks in a particular category. This may pose problems if you ever need to get your data out in a hurry.
- freeyourstuff.cc -- Extensible open-source (source) Chrome plugin allowing users to export their own content (reviews, posts, etc.). Exports to JSON format, optionally publish to freeyourstuff.cc & mirrors under Creative Commons CC0 license. Supports Yelp, IMDB, TripAdvisor, Amazon, GoodReads, and Quora as of July 2019.
- https://www.allmytweets.net/ - Download the last 3,200 tweets from any user.
- See Site exploration