Jump to navigation Jump to search
|IRC channel||(on hackint)|
Posterous was a blogging platform started in May 2008. It was acquired by Twitter on March 12, 2012 and shut down April 30, 2013.
- Posterous launched in 2008. Our mission was to make it easier to share photos and connect with your social networks. Since joining Twitter almost one year ago, we’ve been able to continue that journey, building features to help you discover and share what’s happening in the world – on an even larger scale.
- On April 30th, we will turn off posterous.com and our mobile apps in order to focus 100% of our efforts on Twitter. This means that as of April 30, Posterous Spaces will no longer be available either to view or to edit.
- Right now and over the next couple months until May 31, you can download all of your Posterous Spaces including your photos, videos, and documents.
- Here are the steps:
- Go to http://posterous.com/#backup.
- Click to request a backup of your Space by clicking “Request Backup” next to your Space name.
- When your backup is ready, you'll receive an email.
- Return to http://posterous.com/#backup to download a .zip file.
- If you want to move your site to another service, WordPress and Squarespace offer importers that can move all of your content over to either service. Justmigrate offers a service to move your site to Tumblr.
- More information on these services can be found here:
- We’d like to thank the millions of Posterous users who have supported us on our incredible journey. We hope to provide you with as easy a transition as possible, and look forward to seeing you on Twitter. Thank you.
- Sachin Agarwal
- Founder and CEO
We saved it! Discussion around and details of our efforts have been archived to the Posterous war room.