|URL||• • •|
|IRC channel|| (on hackint)|
(formerly #pomfret (on EFnet))
pomf.se was a Sweden-based website providing filesharing, paste and torrent tracker services. On 2015-06-08 they announced they discontinue their file sharing and paste services, mainly due to financial reasons.
Operators contacted ArchiveTeam, and everything got saved.
Now that all files have been uploaded to the Internet Archive, to prevent link rot, all a.pomf.se links now redirect to the corresponding file on the Wayback Machine.
http://blog.pomf.se/post/121058516206/shutting-down on 2015-06-08
- Shutting down
- Pomf.se will be shutting down after ~2 years of operation sometime during this month, the entire sites and all of the files will be archived.
- Mail and uguu won’t be affected (probably not the tracker either).
- There are already a bunch of clones such as 1338.cf, maxfile.ro, img.loveisover.me, etc. If you want to run your own clone the source is available at github.com/nokonoko/pomf.
- Why am I shutting it down? Well there is no way for me to keep up with the b/w costs, I could get a 1gbit/s connection for about ~600EUR extra (money I don’t have) or pay thousands of dollars in CDN bills (which I don’t have).
- Running Pomf also causes a lot of stress which I don’t want to deal with anymore, worrying about Pomf every single day is something I will be happy to not have to deal with.
- It’s been fun.
Termination of access
Pomf.se terminated access to the uploaded files on 2015-06-09, so that ArchiveTeam can download them with full steam. However, all files are now in the Wayback Machine after ArchiveTeam saved everything.
Pomf.se operators contacted ArchiveTeam, and the archiving process was being done with collaboration.
Warrior project started on 2015-06-09, ArchiveTeam downloaded ~1.6 million files in 4 days.
Archives in WARC format: https://archive.org/details/archiveteam_pomf, and, as usual, files also appear in the Wayback Machine.
Access and Redirects
Now that all files have been uploaded to the Internet Archive, to prevent link rot, all a.pomf.se links now redirect to the corresponding file on the Wayback Machine. For example:
- http://a.pomf.se/ktkjmt.png -> http://web.archive.org/web/2/http://a.pomf.se/ktkjmt.png -> http://web.archive.org/web/20150611111129/http://a.pomf.se/ktkjmt.png
After Pomf.se open sourced it's fileserver engine, many clones have come together to take it's place. But many have fallen. We are attempting to document their health and possibly archive them at the page below: