Difference between revisions of "Bebo"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (add nav box and stub intro)
(add snippet from their website to be used as intro)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
'''Bebo''' was social network .
== Bebo 2.0==
== Bebo 2.0==
Revision as of 23:01, 11 October 2013
|Archiving status||1.0: Lost|
1.5: Not saved yet
2.0: Not saved yet
|IRC channel||(on hackint)|
Bebo was a popular social network founded by Michael and Xochi Birch back in 2005. The platform celebrated its people, their friends, and creativity.
Here’s a short history on the company:
- 2005 - Bebo, an early social network was founded by husband-and-wife team Michael and Xochi Birch in January 2005 at their home in San Francisco.
- 2005 (9 days after launching) - Bebo hits 1 Million Users.
- 2005 - After numerous questions about why the name is Bebo, Michael makes up an answer (Blog Early Blog Often). Real answer? Bebo was short, snappy, and utterly nonsensical.
- 2006 & 2007 - We built Bebo mobile, groups and the infamous whiteboard amongst other features.
- 2008 - Sold to AOL.
- 2010 - Sold to Criterion Capital.
- Today - Bought back by the original Founders.
- Tomorrow - We start re-inventing Bebo.
Archive Site Structure (Bebo 1.5)
- Michael Birch's
- archived profile: http://archive.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1
- Wall: http://archive.bebo.com/Wall.jsp?MemberId=1 (NSFW)
- Comments: http://archive.bebo.com/c/profile/comments?MemberId=1
- Blog: http://archive.bebo.com/Blog.jsp?MemberId=1
- Poll: http://archive.bebo.com/Polls.jsp?MemberId=1